Careers: Job Opening
Position: Mainstream Sales Representative
Classification: Full Time
Sadaf Foods is one of the leading wholesalers and distributors of Middle Eastern food products. We are looking for a candidate for the position as the Mainstream Market - Sales Representative for our So Cal territory.
The Mainstream Market Sales Representative reports to the Mainstream Sales Department Manager. The purpose of this role is to develop new accounts, maintain, promote, and sell food products to mainstream banners and independent supermarkets while also managing all elements of front-end customer service, resolving issues and cultivating business relationships.
- Meet and greet new and existing customers and take orders.
- Provide accurate information (product features, pricing, and after-sales service)
- Understand customers' needs and address issues in a timely manner.
- Cross-sell products and deliver presentations to promote new products and special deals.
- Negotiate with customers on terms, sales, and prices.
- Advise customers about delivery schedules and after-sales service.
- Keep up contact with existing customers in person and by phone/ E-mails.
- Monitor the competition and the products/price offered in the market.
- Achieve sales targets and meet company expectations.
- Report sales trends and market activities to management
- At least 2 or more years of sales experience in the grocery business dealing with customers in the mainstream market.
- Use of a reliable vehicle with valid driver's license is required.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken is a must.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and 'people skills'
- Confidence and motivation to drive the business.
- Possess the determination and drive to work towards targets.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (primarily Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift/carry cases of product up to 40 lbs.
Submit your Resume at: Contact@Sadaf.com
Position: FOOD TECHNOLOGIST PRODUCT & RECIPE DEVELOPER
Location: Vernon, CA
Status: An independent contractor
Do you love experimenting with ingredients and new flavors in order to create fun and easy recipes?
Sadaf foods, based in Vernon / East Los Angeles is in search of a culinary creative intern. As our culinary product developer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and writing.
- Develop, create and taste test new seasonings and spice blends.
- Improve existing recipes.
- Create Recipes for existing and future products.
- Develop processes for the production of recipes at large scale.
- Understand HAACP, GMP and FDA food regulations.
- Conduct production test runs
- Collection and analyzing data
- Develop finished product specification
- Generating ingredient statements and nutritional information
- Write Accurate, Detailed Recipes
- Generating ingredient statements and nutritional information..
- Coordinate and Work with Photographer and Videographer for Food Photo Shoots and Recipe Videos.
- Current culinary student or culinary background preferred.
- Detail oriented and incredibly organized
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Aesthetic Eye for food— food styling or food photography a plus, but not a must
- Have a deep knowledge of food, ingredients, and cooking techniques
- Have a love of seasonings, sauces and food manufacturing.
- Must be a team player and have interest in ethnic food and cuisine.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, climb, kneel, bend, and consistently lift up to 30-40 lbs. have understanding and ability to use blenders and grinder and scales.
HOURS AND LOCATION
- Location is in city of Vernon, California.
- Hours are variable between 10-20 hours a week.
- Monday to Friday.
- Depending on qualification and talent/ 1$15-$22 / hour.
- Sadaf is a well know brand of middle eastern specialty seasonings, spices, grocery items, ready to serve meals with more than 1000 products. Sadaf products are available in all specialty and ethnic store and large supermarkets through-out USA and Canada and South America as well as Europe and Middle-East.
Summer Period: University students should make their intern applications before the end of May of the year. Placing will be completed in accordance to the quotas and interns will be selected during July, August and September.
Intern Application Form for University Students
Education Period: The intern proceedings of last-year students of vocational high schools are determined based on the correspondence made with the National Educational Directorate of the City. Personal applications should be made by the end of August, latest. As required by the agreements made by the schools of the students, placements will be made within our quotas and will be completed before the education period starts.
Intern Application Form for High School Students
- Production / Factories of Sadaf
- Sadaf headquarters are in Los Angeles but its production activities are in factories in United States and other countries.
- Domestic Distribution
Submit your Resume at: Contact@Sadaf.com